Friday, February 6, 2015

15 Things I Love


There are a lot of little things in life that I used to take for granted that make my life easier and more enjoyable. I recently started to appreciate them a lot more. It really is the little things that make a big difference. There are way too many to name but here are my top 15:

Lip Balm: I have been carrying around lip balm since I was about 12. It is a habit I picked up from my mom. I have never been without it.

Coffee: Nectar of the gods! I seldom used to drink coffee. A few years back my sister, a coffee drinker, came to visit for an extended period of time. I have drank it ever since!

Microwave: To reheat coffee, my cold plate and of course kids plates! Also leftovers!

Nail File/Clipper: I despise snags so these also go with me everywhere!

Something to Read: Magazines, books and blogs! I need at least one always at the ready.

Extra Pillow: I spent so many years pregnant that I got used to sleeping with a pillow between my knees and I never gave it up.

Comfortable Pants: I used to wear real pants, then yoga pants became acceptable everyday attire. That day my life changed! I currently only wear them or fleece pajama pants!

Melaleuca Tooth Polish: I discovered this little wonder over a decade ago. It literally polishes your teeth. Nothing else comes close. Never again will I use toothpaste!

Frizz Control Hair Serum/Spray/Cream: I'm really not picky which, but I cannot leave the house without it. My hair is thick with a lot of texture so it is very very frizzy especially on hair washing days. I look scary without it.

Chocolate: I prefer dark, but any will do really!

DVR: Oh, my good friend DVR. Without it I wouldn't watch a thing because, you know, kids! Now I don't have to miss the good shows and be stuck with late night TV. I have a date with Days of Our Lives every weeknight because of DVR!

Google: There is a plethora of information just waiting to be found. I do searches sometimes, but usually I am telling my kids to "Ask Google".

E-mail: The easiest way to keep contact with school staff.

Text: I hate the phone so text is a life saver. Just say or ask a quick thing, no talking needed.

Facebook: My one stop shop for all the blogs I read. Oh, and maybe checking on family and friends once in a while. LOL

I could go on forever but these are the ones that are permanent fixtures in my life and make daily life so much more pleasurable and bearable. It really is the simple things that make life grand, right?
What is one of your things?



No comments:

Post a Comment