Six word stories are hard to write. There needs to be enough information to evoke some kind of feeling. These stories are considered flash fiction, defined as: a style of fictional literature or fiction of extreme brevity. There is no widely accepted definition of the length of the category. Some self-described markets for flash fiction impose caps as low as three hundred words, while others consider stories as long as a thousand words to be flash fiction.
The most famous six word story is this one, although many people think Ernest Hemingway wrote it, that is up for debate.
I have a few of my own. I hope you like them, and that you will tell me one of your own.
- My son has ADHD. It's hard.
- My mom died. I am alone.
- Ring: $95. Still married, 19 years.
- Kids are miracles. I have five.
- Homework is hard, especially for parents.
- Dancing is nourishment for the soul.
- My oldest is 13. Time flies.
- Baby is 7, baby no more.
- 40 is next, life is short.
- I'm dieting. I am very hungry.
- Parenthood changes you, for the better.
- Debt feels like death, I'm dying!
- Motherhood is lonely, all the time.
- Daughters love daddies, sons love mommies.
- Kids are gone, I feel empty.
- Pop is bad, yet I drink.
- I hate lemons, and also lemonade.
- My van is old, about to die.
- Writing is fun, but also hard.
- Every day I try something new.
There you have it. Do you like my stories? Tell me one of your own!