Friday, October 9, 2015

6 Word Stories


Six word stories are hard to write. There needs to be enough information to evoke some kind of feeling. These stories are considered flash fiction, defined as: a style of fictional literature or fiction of extreme brevity. There is no widely accepted definition of the length of the category. Some self-described markets for flash fiction impose caps as low as three hundred words, while others consider stories as long as a thousand words to be flash fiction.

The most famous six word story is this one, although many people think Ernest Hemingway wrote it, that is up for debate.




I have a few of my own. I hope you like them, and that you will tell me one of your own.

  • My son has ADHD. It's hard.
  • My mom died. I am alone.
  • Ring: $95. Still married, 19 years.
  • Kids are miracles. I have five.
  • Homework is hard, especially for parents.
  • Dancing is nourishment for the soul.
  • My oldest is 13. Time flies.
  • Baby is 7, baby no more.
  • 40 is next, life is short.
  • I'm dieting. I am very hungry.
  • Parenthood changes you, for the better.
  • Debt feels like death, I'm dying!
  • Motherhood is lonely, all the time.
  • Daughters love daddies, sons love mommies.
  • Kids are gone, I feel empty.
  • Pop is bad, yet I drink.
  • I hate lemons, and also lemonade.
  • My van is old, about to die.
  • Writing is fun, but also hard.
  • Every day I try something new.

There you have it. Do you like my stories? Tell me one of your own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment