Monday, August 10, 2015

Quit Crying! He's Working!



There is nothing I hate more than SAHM's who complain and cry when their husbands work too much or out of town. This has been bothering me for years! I have seen it in real life, and I have seen it on tv and it makes me want to puke.

I watched one show where the couple was in counseling and the wife was upset that the husband wasn't home much because he was at work. The therapist told the man he needed to work less and spend more time with his family. It made me sick!

HELLO!

Dear bitching SAHM's:

Did it ever occur to any of you that he is working so much to pay for you and the kids to live? You are at home right now because he is out there working his fingers to the damn bone! Quit complaining.

Do you think he has it easier than you? He doesn't. He has it worse! The family's whole livelihood is resting on his shoulders! The more the family needs, the more he has to work. That can not be an easy pill to swallow.

Do you think he doesn't miss you and the kids? He does, so much that he has trouble sleeping when he is gone.

Every trip, meal out, activity, sport, etc., he worked to pay for.

He isn't out having a great time, screwing the town whore, sitting in a bar drinking with pals! He is WORKING!

I know what you are going through. I have five kids and a husband that works late into the night, sometimes past bedtime, and also works out of town 1/3 of the time. Yes it is sort of hard to do it all, but if he didn't work so much, we would be homeless. I get it. I am thankful I married such a hard worker and dedicated husband and father. He is working so hard to give us a great life and for that I am thankful. I look at him with pride, not disdain when I reflect on the work situation. No, it is not ideal, but he is out there doing what needs to be done.

Next time you want to complain or cry about your husband being at work, step back for a minute and put yourself in his shoes, it might give you a different perspective.


Remember, you chose this!


Do you know any SAHM's like this?


No comments:

Post a Comment