Monday, February 26, 2018

Humor Helps!


A guest post by an anonymous writer, which will be an ongoing series. 
Please join us on her journey! 


Throughout this journey thus far, one thing that has helped tremendously is laughter. Whether making light of the situation, being silly with my kids, or watching a funny movie, laughter really is good medicine.

A few funny things have happened that I probably will never forget:
  • Before my biopsy I told my sister "worst case scenario, I can get new boobs"! It was totally a joke at the time because I NEVER thought it would be true. However, I was trying to use laughter instead of fear to cope.
  • During my biopsy, the nurse kept coming over to tell me what was going on. I was laying on my stomach in a very awkward and uncomfortable position. One of the times she came up, I told her "this is like the worst massage ever"!
  • This third one was pretty humiliating but also hilarious. After my second biopsy, I went directly to get a mammogram, because they take images to make sure they got the entire area to be biopsied. I took down my robe off my shoulder, looked down, and there was a long black hair growing out of my nipple! How I never noticed that before then, I do not know.  So the entire time of the biopsy the doctor saw that!
I have been so blessed with friends and family to laugh with! And I have the ability to laugh without fear of the future because my hope is in the Lord!

Read other posts in this series:
To start at part one go here:




No comments:

Post a Comment